DIY – Preventing Bad Hair Days
Proper hair care can go a long way toward preventing bad hair. Try the following strategies:
- Get a good haircut. A good cut makes hair easier to style. Then be sure to get your hair trimmed every six to eight weeks to keep it from growing out of its shape.
- Select a shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. If your hair is thin, lather up with a volumizing shampoo. If you have dry or damaged hair, try a leave-in conditioner for extra moisture.
- Avoid shampooing every day.Washing your hair too often can dry it out and make it harder to manage.
- Stay away from styling products that are high in alcohol, especially if your hair is dry. These can make hair brittle.
- Keep your hair natural. Letting curly hair curl and wavy hair wave doesn’t just mean fewer bad hair days — it means hair that’s easier to care for in general.