Hello Curls, Farewell Frizz!
Want to say “hello” to your curls, and “farewell” to your frizz – Aveda Be Curly hair products can help you do just that!
Quote of the Week
DIY – Fix Bad Hair Days
Fixing a Bad Hair Day
Even with your best efforts, it’s not always possible to keep your hair looking good. Bad hair days do happen. But before you take refuge under a hat, try these tips:
- If your curly locks go frizzy, rub a little hand cream between your hands, then smooth it lightly over your hair to tame it.
- Rub dry, flyaway hair with a dryer sheet. Just as dryer sheets keep your skirt from clinging to your panty hose, they can keep hair from sticking together, which will make it easier to style.
- If your hair won’t hold a curl, use a styling cream or gel to lock your look in place.
- No time to shampoo? Use a dry shampoo (a powder that absorbs oil to clean hair without water). Dry shampoos can also add volume.
- Accessorize. Pull or brush your hair back and put on a headband. If your locks are limp, clip them away from your face with a barrette. And remember, long hair can always be pulled into a pony tail.
- Try a hair extension to add length and fullness to your own hair. Permanent extensions are sewn or bonded to your hair and last about five months; clip-on extensions are attached to your hair with clips that are almost invisible.
- Get a wig (or two). Wigs cover up problem hair — and they can also give you an entirely new look.
Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser
A color-safe formula that gently and effectively removes chlorine, salt and product build-up, while helping to maintain moisture balance.
- part of a three-part defense and recovery system
- corn-derived chelator removes minerals found in chlorinated pool water which cause discoloration
- babassu-derived cleansing system removes chlorine, salt and product build-up
- tamanu oil and certified organic coconut oil help maintain moisture balance
- light tropical aroma blend with 100% certified organic essences of neroli, ylang ylang and wild-crafted cistus
Daily: Follow with an Aveda conditioner.
Weekly: Follow with Sun Care After-Sun Hair Masque.
Quote of the Week
DIY – Preventing Bad Hair Days
Proper hair care can go a long way toward preventing bad hair. Try the following strategies:
- Get a good haircut. A good cut makes hair easier to style. Then be sure to get your hair trimmed every six to eight weeks to keep it from growing out of its shape.
- Select a shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. If your hair is thin, lather up with a volumizing shampoo. If you have dry or damaged hair, try a leave-in conditioner for extra moisture.
- Avoid shampooing every day.Washing your hair too often can dry it out and make it harder to manage.
- Stay away from styling products that are high in alcohol, especially if your hair is dry. These can make hair brittle.
- Keep your hair natural. Letting curly hair curl and wavy hair wave doesn’t just mean fewer bad hair days — it means hair that’s easier to care for in general.
AVEDA Pure Abundance Style Prep
Nature’s boost for fine hair, our style-prep infuses all-day weightless volume that feels naturally yours.
- Thickens strands with a botanical blend of passion fruit, rice bran, açaí oil, organic aloe and acacia gum.
- Boosts volume with a natural corn-derived polymer-helping give fine, limp strands the hold they need for body that lasts all day.
- Weightless conditioners detangle to help prevent breakage from combing.
- Helps refresh volume on non-shampoo days-without adding weight.
Quote of the Week
DIY – Hipster Chic Double Braids
The Double French
Ramp up your braids and double up. Pull outwards on each french braid for a loosened style. Make it look as though you’ve walked a couple laps around the festival grounds! Pet peeve: Unless you have a cute scrunchy, hide that elastic band with a strand of hair. A nasty hair-tie could potentially throw off your whole hipster-chic vibe and we can’t have that!
Pure Abundance™ Volumizing Hair Spray
Pump up your volume with an extra-firm hold, style-expanding micro-mist. A formula infused with certified organic acacia gum—a natural bulking agent—so hair looks fuller and feels thicker.
|•||dries quickly, for a hard finish|
|•||resistant to humidity all day|
|•||for all hair types|